Wednesday, June 5, 2013

New item!



Okay, I'm really bad at this whole blogging thing. I was hoping to write a post once a week, and it's not like I don't have plenty to write about. But you'll have to forgive me for being MIA for almost a month.

As a way to make up for it, I posted a new item on my Etsy shop! Meet my fabulous whipped body butter, made with refined African Shea butter and coconut oil.

All-Natural Whipped Body Butter made with Shea butter and coconut oil - choose your scent - 4 oz

All-Natural Whipped Body Butter made with Shea butter and coconut oil - choose your scent - 4 oz

I love this stuff. Love, love, love it. And I'm not the only one! I passed around a sample jar at work today for everyone to try, and people were talking about how soft their hands felt, how there's no greasy feeling, etc. One woman even came over later to try some more. Another person, a friend of mine, told me she thinks it's my best product yet (I use her as a test subject for all my products).

I can tell this product is going to be a big success, and I'm so glad! I was actually going to sell whipped body butter back when my shop first opened, but I couldn't perfect the recipe. I was using unrefined African Shea butter and it wasn't whipping correctly, plus I didn't like the smell and the gritty feeling.

The recipe I had found online said to melt the Shea butter before whipping. I think that's where things went wrong. For my new product, I chose refined Shea butter and didn't melt it. It took a little longer to whip, but the result was absolutely worth it.

I also included Vitamin E to help repair damaged skin and lock in the moisture. It really is a luxurious butter, and I'm so pleased I was finally able to perfect my recipe!

No comments:

Post a Comment