Monday, May 6, 2013

Healthy Eating: Parmesan-Crusted Tilapia

I don't know if I've mentioned this nearly enough, but I adore Pinterest. Not only is is a great way to find inspiration, but it also helps keep me organized. Who needs a recipe book when you can pin all of your favorite recipes onto one board?

And last month, one of my coworkers and I have made a little wager. Between May 6 to July 1, we're gong to see who can lost the most weight (in a healthy way, of course). The loser treats the winner to a $25 clothing shopping spree at Ross or a similar store! We were supposed to start May 1, but I wasn't staying at my apartment that week and so it was pretty much impossible to prepare healthy meals.

In preparation, I made a meal plan for this week. It's pretty simple; I'm trying to eat at least 3 servings of fruits/vegetables a day, and I have three meals and two snacks planned. I'm using MyPlate on Livestrong to track my calories, which are about 1575 a day.

So for breakfast I had half a cup of Trader Joe's rolled oats with a banana, and for lunch I had Parmesan crusted tilapia with a side of peas, and for one of my snacks I had five Trader Joe's gluten-free cookies.

The Parmesan-crusted tilapia, by the way, is freaking delicious. It only needs five ingredients and almost no time at all to make. I had some for dinner last night and packed the leftovers for today (that's part of my meal plan: cook a healthy dinner, make enough for two servings, bring to work for lunch - tonight it will be something with chicken).


Yes, that's a soda in the background. I'm not perfect, okay?!
According to MyPlate, where you can add your own recipes using their really extensive ingredient database, there are 186 calories per filet and 21 g of protein. Not bad! And it's gluten-free!

Now, I found the recipe on Pinterest, but it originally comes from Rachel Ray. It's not my favorite seafood recipe - that would have to be something with shrimp - but it was filling and flavorful. Plus it took less than 30 minutes to prepare and cook, which is a huge bonus. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment